If you suffer from tooth loss, you may be feeling the embarrassment or inconvenience associated with missing one or more valuable teeth. Thanks to modern dental technology, your choices for replacing these teeth are now better than ever. One great option is dental implants, which are the only permanent solutions for replacing missing teeth that also provide life-long oral health and aesthetic benefits. If the thought of replacing your missing teeth makes you anxious or afraid, read these five reasons why you do not need to fear dental implants.
1. Education—The first step in being comfortable about a dental procedure is to understand the procedure itself. Dental implant placement and restoration require the expertise of highly trained doctors like Dr. Justin Craighead and Dr. Ada Parra. They will take the time to answer all of your questions and fully explain the treatment process before any procedure begins. During the implant placement procedure, you will be given the correct level of sedation you need for a calming, relaxed, and pain-free experience.
2. Convenience—In addition to being minimally invasive, dental implants provide a level of convenience that other tooth replacement options do not. Dental implants are permanently fixed in your mouth, and unlike dentures, they do not require any removal for cleaning purposes. Because they look, feel, and act just like natural teeth, you can treat them similarly and brush and floss as usual to maintain optimal oral health and reduce the risk of infection.
3. Comfort—When you have missing teeth, the exposed gum tissue becomes increasingly sensitive and irritated whenever you chew food. Replacing your missing teeth with dental implants can eliminate this discomfort by protecting the gums. A properly restored dental implant will fit snuggly between the adjacent natural teeth and restore full dental function to both the tooth and your mouth as a whole.
4. Stimulation—The empty socket left after a tooth is lost no longer receives stimulation from the tooth root. Over time, the jaw bone will deteriorate and will be lost if proper steps are not taken to maintain the bone. Dental implants prevent further bone loss by acting like your natural tooth root, restoring chewing power back to normal, and providing necessary stimulation for natural jaw bone growth.
5. Experience—One of the most important factors to consider is the level of expertise and experience from the doctor performing your implant procedure. As the only dual specialist in periodontics and prosthodontics in Florida, Dr. Craighead is specially trained in the precision placement of dental implants for optimal functional benefits. Dr. Parra’s certification in prosthodontics enables her to provide beautiful, aesthetic restorations for your implants.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a great option for most patients who are looking for a permanent replacement for their missing teeth. Drs. Craighead and Parra can determine if dental implants are right for you during your comprehensive consultation. Contact Premier Dental Team and schedule your appointment today!
Dr. Ada Parra and Dr. Justin Craighead are proud to serve as the only specialist team offering the expertise of both a prosthodontist and periodontist in Gainesville, FL.